JER Coaching Academy was established in 2015 and is based in the North West of England. Josephine Rice is the founder of the company and puts her passion for the sport at the forefront of everything she delivers.
Josephine only began playing hockey in her early 20s and it was then she discovered her love of the game. She began coaching at her club late in 2014, this introduced her to a new side of the sport which gave her enormous satisfaction.
She has gone onto achieve the Level 2 England Hockey Coaching Qualification and is continually looking at ways to personally improve and learn.
- JDC & JAC Lancashire (England Hockey Single System): Assistant & Lead Coach (U13 boys, U14, U15, U17s girls)
- Freelance primary/secondary school coaching across Lancashire
- Primary and secondary school coaching with South Ribble Sports Development Team and South Ribble Borough Council
- Lead Coach on the Back to Hockey Project (Preston City Council)
- Hockey Camps
- Establishing and running a Lancashire Sport Satellite Club
- Junior/Senior coaching at Garstang Ladies Hockey Club (voluntary)
- Preston College Hockey Coach
- Nomination for Coach of the Year (Preston Sports Awards 2017)
- Current ScUK Safeguarding and Protecting Children Certificate (June 2017)
- Current First Aid Certificate (July 2017)
- DBS Certificate (001555031201)
- Level 2 Hockey Coaching (March 2015)
- Coaching for Club Players Workshop (Jan 2015)
- Level 1 Hockey Coaching (Feb 2014)
- England Hockey Gold Membership (362701)
"Hockey Club has been really enjoyable and my hockey skills have improved significantly, thanks to the help of Josie - she is a great coach and has taught me a lot."
Albie, Year 6, St Andrew's C of E Primary School, Ashton
“My coaching philosophy is: I am a firm believer that if you have knowledge pass it on to those who do not. I also believe that playing sports as a child not only builds character and confidence but also gives a sense of accomplishment. It also prepares children for life, teaching them about working as a team or as a team player, not as an individual. I also feel it can bring a child out of his/her shell or shyness.”
Coach George Hornung, Head Coach, Stafford Soccer Club
Alongside her coaching Josephine currently plays in the Ladies 1s Garstang Hockey Club, North West league and has been with the club for over 15 years. She is committed to developing the sport through the club and inspiring and supporting people to reach their full potential and live more healthy and active lives through sport and physical activity.
BLACKPOOL ARTS COLLEGE
BA (Hons) Photography 2:1, 2005
Activities & Affiliations
England Hockey Gold Membership
Preston Sports Forum Member
Rebecca has a wealth of sports coaching experience and since her studies she has coached multi-sports for 4 years within primary schools across the Fylde. She is a sport enthusiast with a previous football career playing in the Northern league, she is an ardent Manchester United fan. Today you will find Rebecca playing hockey for the Ladies 1s Garstang Hockey Club. As well as setting up her own non-profit organisation - TEAMReb - which raises awareness of mental health, she lists her ballroom dancing as one of her greatest achievements.
BA (Hons) Sports Coaching 2:1, 2013
BTEC in Sport, 2010
Activities & Affiliations
UCLan Business Enterprise Member
'Mind' charity fundraiser